Learn more about Essex
Life in Essex, Massachusetts is a unique blend of small-town charm and big-city convenience. The town is located just 30 miles north of Boston, but it has a population of only 3,674 people. This gives Essex a quiet, peaceful feel, while still being close enough to Boston for easy access to jobs, entertainment, and cultural attractions.
Some of the things that make life in Essex so special include:
- The beautiful natural setting. Essex is located on the coast of Massachusetts, and it is surrounded by forests, marshes, and rivers. There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, fishing, and boating.
- The rich history. Essex was founded in 1634, and it has a rich history that is reflected in its architecture, museums, and historical sites.
- The vibrant arts scene. Essex has a thriving arts scene, with art galleries, theaters, and music venues. There is always something to see and do in Essex, whether you are interested in visual arts, performing arts, or music.
- The friendly people. The people in Essex are known for being friendly and welcoming. You will quickly feel at home in this small town.
If you are looking for a place to live that offers a mix of small-town charm and big-city convenience, then Essex, Massachusetts is a great option.
Here are some of the pros and cons of living in Essex:
- Beautiful scenery
- Small-town feel
- Close to Boston
- Excellent schools
- Low crime rate
- Strong sense of community
- Vibrant arts scene
- Friendly people
- High cost of living
- Limited diversity
- Not much nightlife
Overall, Essex is a great place to live if you are looking for a quiet, family-friendly town with a rich history and a vibrant arts scene. However, it is important to be aware of the high cost of living and limited diversity before making a decision to move to Essex.
A quick view of the most influential metrics in Essex.
Around The Area
Browse through the top rated businesses in the most popular categories Essex has to offer.